Oregon Nursing License
Oregon State Board of Nursing
The Oregon Board of Nursing is the institution that aims to safeguard the public’s well-being and health, but regulating the entry into all nursing professions, as well as by providing useful guidance for all those who want to pursue a lucrative career as either licensed practical nurses or registered nurses in the state of Oregon. Having said that, the Oregon State Board of Nursing has several different other responsibilities: it determines the certification and licensure requirements of all professionals in the nursing field, it issues both licenses and renewals to those who meet these requirements, it interprets and applies the Nurse Practice Act in Oregon, it thoroughly reviews and approved every nursing education program and nursing school in the state, and it also imposes disciplinary sanctions for nursing assistants who did not comply with the Nurse Practice Act.
How To Become A LPN In Oregon
The path that you need to take in order to become a licensed practical nurse in Oregon is fairly simple and straightforward, and becoming educated is undoubtedly the most important aspect you should take care of. In a nutshell, all future LPNs must firstly graduate from a state approved nursing program and receive an associate’s degree, a baccalaureate, a master’s degree, a diploma or at least a nursing certificate in order to get started. After that, students must apply for the examination – the well known NCLEX exam that has been in place since 1988. Simply put, the National Council Licensure Examination is an in-depth computerized multiple choice exam that aims to test all the skills and the nursing related knowledge of the future licensed practical nurse, prior to granting them the license they need to work legally in the state. The NCLEX-PN is currently the only form of licensure examination that is accepted in the state of Oregon – no state constructed examination or challenge examination is accepted for the licensure.
After you have passed the NCLEX-PN, you will have to apply for a state license verification and, if your nursing education was obtained in a nursing school outside of the United States of America, then you will also have to provide proof of English language proficiency. In addition to this, you will also have to agree with a national criminal background check before you are eligible to receive your Oregon nursing license.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
We want to help you get that degree. Consider:
1. Start Fast, Finish Fast: You can earn an Associate’s degree in 20 months, and a Bachelor’s degree in 30 to 36 months.*
2. Save up to $5,000 on your college degree.† You can afford college with our new Fresh Start Scholarships!
3. Tuition Assistance: Financial aid and grants are available to those who qualify.
- Nursing (RN completion to BS) (RN req.)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
How To Become A RN In Oregon
The steps you need to take for becoming a registered nurse in Oregon are virtually the same, as you have to enroll in a state approved RN training program and to graduate from it prior to obtaining your licensing. If you are a practical nurse and you want to become a RN, then you can easily opt for a LPN To RN bridge program – one such accredited program is also available in the state of Oregon, at the Carrington University.
There are other accelerated BSN programs and post baccalaureate programs or master’s degree level nursing programs that you can enroll in, if you want to pursue a lucrative career as a registered nurse in the state of Oregon. Regardless of which career path you choose to take, you will still have to meet all the licensure requirements and to sit for the final NCLEX-RN examination. After you pass it, the Oregon State Board of Nursing will offer you the licensure and you will be able to legally work as a registered nurse in the state of Oregon.
BSN Requirements In Oregon
If you have decided to pursue a baccalaureate degree in the Science of Nursing, then enrolling in a BSN training program is the best option you have in Oregon – the first thing you need to do is to find a BSN program that has been reviewed and accredited by the Oregon State Board of Nursing and then to follow the specific application instructions for your program. After that you will have to review the application deadlines and the pre-requisite coursework guides, as they vary from one University to another. Only after that you can review the entrance essay questions, attend the requested admission interviews and then complete all the pre-requisites with a minimum grade of C. Some additional requirements may apply, such as a 3 year BS in Nursing.
Nursing Schools In Oregon
There are several appreciated nursing schools in the state of Oregon, such as the Blue Mountain Community College located in Pendleton, the Central Oregon Community College, the Clackamas Community College found in Oregon City, the Columbia Gorge Community College in The Dalles, the Chemeketa Community College in Salem, the Portland Community College in Portland, the Oregon Coast Community College in Newport, the Mount Hood Community College or the Linn-Benton Community College in Albany, all of which offer Associate’s Degree-level nursing training programs for those who are interested in pursuing a career as registered nurses or as licensed practical nurses in the state of Oregon.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Oregon licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.