Oregon Nursing License
Oregon State Board of Nursing
The Oregon Board of Nursing is the institution that aims to safeguard the public’s well-being and health, but regulating the entry into all nursing professions, as well as by providing useful guidance for all those who want to pursue a lucrative career as either licensed practical nurses or registered nurses in the state of Oregon. Having said that, the Oregon State Board of Nursing has several different other responsibilities: it determines the certification and licensure requirements of all professionals in the nursing field, it issues both licenses and renewals to those who meet these requirements, it interprets and applies the Nurse Practice Act in Oregon, it thoroughly reviews and approved every nursing education program and nursing school in the state, and it also imposes disciplinary sanctions for nursing assistants who did not comply with the Nurse Practice Act.
How To Become A LPN In Oregon
The path that you need to take in order to become a licensed practical nurse in Oregon is fairly simple and straightforward, and becoming educated is undoubtedly the most important aspect you should take care of. In a nutshell, all future LPNs must firstly graduate from a state approved nursing program and receive an associate’s degree, a baccalaureate, a master’s degree, a diploma or at least a nursing certificate in order to get started. After that, students must apply for the examination – the well known NCLEX exam that has been in place since 1988. Simply put, the National Council Licensure Examination is an in-depth computerized multiple choice exam that aims to test all the skills and the nursing related knowledge of the future licensed practical nurse, prior to granting them the license they need to work legally in the state. The NCLEX-PN is currently the only form of licensure examination that is accepted in the state of Oregon – no state constructed examination or challenge examination is accepted for the licensure.
After you have passed the NCLEX-PN, you will have to apply for a state license verification and, if your nursing education was obtained in a nursing school outside of the United States of America, then you will also have to provide proof of English language proficiency. In addition to this, you will also have to agree with a national criminal background check before you are eligible to receive your Oregon nursing license.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
How To Become A RN In Oregon
The steps you need to take for becoming a registered nurse in Oregon are virtually the same, as you have to enroll in a state approved RN training program and to graduate from it prior to obtaining your licensing. If you are a practical nurse and you want to become a RN, then you can easily opt for a LPN To RN bridge program – one such accredited program is also available in the state of Oregon, at the Carrington University.
There are other accelerated BSN programs and post baccalaureate programs or master’s degree level nursing programs that you can enroll in, if you want to pursue a lucrative career as a registered nurse in the state of Oregon. Regardless of which career path you choose to take, you will still have to meet all the licensure requirements and to sit for the final NCLEX-RN examination. After you pass it, the Oregon State Board of Nursing will offer you the licensure and you will be able to legally work as a registered nurse in the state of Oregon.
BSN Requirements In Oregon
If you have decided to pursue a baccalaureate degree in the Science of Nursing, then enrolling in a BSN training program is the best option you have in Oregon – the first thing you need to do is to find a BSN program that has been reviewed and accredited by the Oregon State Board of Nursing and then to follow the specific application instructions for your program. After that you will have to review the application deadlines and the pre-requisite coursework guides, as they vary from one University to another. Only after that you can review the entrance essay questions, attend the requested admission interviews and then complete all the pre-requisites with a minimum grade of C. Some additional requirements may apply, such as a 3 year BS in Nursing.
Nursing Schools In Oregon
There are several appreciated nursing schools in the state of Oregon, such as the Blue Mountain Community College located in Pendleton, the Central Oregon Community College, the Clackamas Community College found in Oregon City, the Columbia Gorge Community College in The Dalles, the Chemeketa Community College in Salem, the Portland Community College in Portland, the Oregon Coast Community College in Newport, the Mount Hood Community College or the Linn-Benton Community College in Albany, all of which offer Associate’s Degree-level nursing training programs for those who are interested in pursuing a career as registered nurses or as licensed practical nurses in the state of Oregon.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Oregon licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.