Oklahoma Nursing License
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
The Oklahoma State has its own Board of Nursing (the OBN), whose sole purpose is to safeguard the safety, the health as well as the lives of the people of this state by regulating the Oklahoma nursing licensure, and by approving only the nursing programs and schools that manage to rise to the highest educational standards. The Oklahoma State Board of Nursing also makes sure that all the licensed nurses are competed and fully qualified to practice nursing in this state. Moreover, the official website of the Oklahoma Board of Nursing also provides in-depth information about how to obtain a license and how to renew it constantly.
How To Become A LPN In Oklahoma?
If you have decided to pursue a career in the nursing field, then it is important to know that at the time being, LPNs make up more than a third of all the nurses who hold a license and who work legally in the state of Oklahoma, which shows once again just how appreciated licensed practical nurses are in this state. That being said, the checklist you need to consider for becoming a LPN in Oklahoma is fairly simple and straightforward, as all you have to do is to firstly earn your LPN degree by enrolling in a one year long training course and gathering all the hands on experience that will benefit you later on.
In addition to this, you will also have to apply or licensure with the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, which will thoroughly analyze your application – in addition to the written form, you will also have to have your accredited nursing school send over your official transcripts to the Nursing Board, and you must also obtain what is known as a CPR card as well as sit for the final licensure examination, the NCLEX-PN. Only after passing the final examination, which consists of 300 multiple choice computerized questions, you can move on to applying for a nursing license and become a licensed practical nurse.
No matter if you plan to stay a licensed practical nurse or you plan to climb the career ladder and become a registered nurse or even a nurse practitioner, the easiest and fastest way to gain your designation as a LPN is by enrolling in one of the numerous approved nursing programs in the state of Oklahoma, as this will teach you the basics of nursing, help you get some entry level knowledge and skills and then you can elevate your status to that of a RN or NP.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Grand Canyon University - Where a Quality Education and Faith Coexist
- Recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- We support students through their academic and spiritual journey.
- GCU offers the convenience of online, on-campus, or evening programs.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
Grow Your Career with the University of Saint Mary
The University of Saint Mary is a Catholic institution in Leavenworth, Kansas, that has been educating students since 1923. Guided by the vision of its founders, the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, USM seeks to inspire students and to prepare them for value-centered lives and careers that will benefit our global society.
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Administrator
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing Education - Master
- Nursing Leadership - Master
- RN to BSN
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader. We provide an online graduate experience that combines academic excellence with faith-based values to create ethical, effective leaders ready to improve their workplaces, their communities, and the world at large. Concordia New York is an accredited, nonprofit college with an academic tradition dating back more than 130 years. We offer a quality, affordable education that separates true innovation from trends, and best practices from buzzwords.
- B.S. in RN to BS Nursing
How To Become A RN In Oklahoma
As it happens in any other state in the United States of America, registered nurses tend to be better and they also have a higher comfort score than licensed practical nurses, and that is understandable given the fact that the training period one needs to face for becoming a registered nurse in the state of Oklahoma is about three times longer than that for becoming a licensed practical nurse. That being said, RNs provide advanced patient are, and they are also allowed to prescribe medications, unlike LPNs.
The first thing you need to do after getting your high school diploma is to find several accredited training programs that offer advanced RN training – most registered nurses these days go for an AND, or an Associate’s Degree in the Science of Nursing, as this involves only two years of training, as opposed to an BSN or a Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of Nursing, which takes up to three years of training. Regardless of your choice, you will have to apply for a permit to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination and pass this final licensure examination, in order to be able to work legally in the state.
BSN Requirements In Oklahoma
If you want to make the best of your career as a registered nurse in the state of Oklahoma or perhaps you want to elevate your profession to that of nurse practitioner, then you should become familiar with the BSN requirements that apply in Oklahoma. Having said that, you must fill an application form to be submitted to the university, you must send the official and current transcripts of all the college course work that you have attempted and you must also submit to a verification of English language proficiency. Nonetheless, these requirements vary from university to university.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Oklahoma licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Oklahoma Nursing Schools
Some nursing schools in the state of Oklahoma stand out, such as the Platt College in Tulsa Oklahoma, the Vatterott College in Tulsa, the Blue Cliff College in Metairie with campuses in Mississippi and Louisiana, the Bryan University in Rogers, or the Wichita Technical Institute.