Oklahoma Nursing License
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
The Oklahoma State has its own Board of Nursing (the OBN), whose sole purpose is to safeguard the safety, the health as well as the lives of the people of this state by regulating the Oklahoma nursing licensure, and by approving only the nursing programs and schools that manage to rise to the highest educational standards. The Oklahoma State Board of Nursing also makes sure that all the licensed nurses are competed and fully qualified to practice nursing in this state. Moreover, the official website of the Oklahoma Board of Nursing also provides in-depth information about how to obtain a license and how to renew it constantly.
How To Become A LPN In Oklahoma?
If you have decided to pursue a career in the nursing field, then it is important to know that at the time being, LPNs make up more than a third of all the nurses who hold a license and who work legally in the state of Oklahoma, which shows once again just how appreciated licensed practical nurses are in this state. That being said, the checklist you need to consider for becoming a LPN in Oklahoma is fairly simple and straightforward, as all you have to do is to firstly earn your LPN degree by enrolling in a one year long training course and gathering all the hands on experience that will benefit you later on.
In addition to this, you will also have to apply or licensure with the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, which will thoroughly analyze your application – in addition to the written form, you will also have to have your accredited nursing school send over your official transcripts to the Nursing Board, and you must also obtain what is known as a CPR card as well as sit for the final licensure examination, the NCLEX-PN. Only after passing the final examination, which consists of 300 multiple choice computerized questions, you can move on to applying for a nursing license and become a licensed practical nurse.
No matter if you plan to stay a licensed practical nurse or you plan to climb the career ladder and become a registered nurse or even a nurse practitioner, the easiest and fastest way to gain your designation as a LPN is by enrolling in one of the numerous approved nursing programs in the state of Oklahoma, as this will teach you the basics of nursing, help you get some entry level knowledge and skills and then you can elevate your status to that of a RN or NP.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Assistant
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assisting
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
How To Become A RN In Oklahoma
As it happens in any other state in the United States of America, registered nurses tend to be better and they also have a higher comfort score than licensed practical nurses, and that is understandable given the fact that the training period one needs to face for becoming a registered nurse in the state of Oklahoma is about three times longer than that for becoming a licensed practical nurse. That being said, RNs provide advanced patient are, and they are also allowed to prescribe medications, unlike LPNs.
The first thing you need to do after getting your high school diploma is to find several accredited training programs that offer advanced RN training – most registered nurses these days go for an AND, or an Associate’s Degree in the Science of Nursing, as this involves only two years of training, as opposed to an BSN or a Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of Nursing, which takes up to three years of training. Regardless of your choice, you will have to apply for a permit to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination and pass this final licensure examination, in order to be able to work legally in the state.
BSN Requirements In Oklahoma
If you want to make the best of your career as a registered nurse in the state of Oklahoma or perhaps you want to elevate your profession to that of nurse practitioner, then you should become familiar with the BSN requirements that apply in Oklahoma. Having said that, you must fill an application form to be submitted to the university, you must send the official and current transcripts of all the college course work that you have attempted and you must also submit to a verification of English language proficiency. Nonetheless, these requirements vary from university to university.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Oklahoma licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Oklahoma Nursing Schools
Some nursing schools in the state of Oklahoma stand out, such as the Platt College in Tulsa Oklahoma, the Vatterott College in Tulsa, the Blue Cliff College in Metairie with campuses in Mississippi and Louisiana, the Bryan University in Rogers, or the Wichita Technical Institute.