North Carolina Nursing License
North Carolina Board of Nursing
The state of North Carolina has its own Board of Nursing, which was found more than a century, back in 1903, when it was actually the first ever Board of its kind in the United States of America. Since its beginning, the North Carolina State Board of Nursing has licensed tens of thousands of practical nurses and registered nurses all across the state. At the time being, North Carolina is also the only state that elects most of the nurses to its Board.
How To Become LPN In North Carolina
The requirements for becoming a licensed practical nurse in North Carolina are very strict, and the first step all aspiring LPNs need to take is to enroll in an approved practical nursing program reviewed and approved by the North Carolina State Board of Nursing. These training programs for practical nurses usually last for 12 months and they efficiently combine classroom training with laboratory work and clinical experience, thus helping the future LPNs gather all the vital theoretical and practical training they so much need.
Also, it must be said that the state does not provide temporary permits to students who are getting ready to go through the examination process, this is why the North Carolina Board of Nursing advises students to begin the process as early as possible. After graduating from the training programs, all candidates must get their fingerprints recorded and their criminal background checked before they get the chance to sit for the NCLEX-Practical Nurse examination, for which they also have to pay an examination fee. Once the criminal history background check is completed and all the licensure requirements have been met, the student will be granted an authorization to take the test. If the student manages to pass the licensure examination (the NCLEX-PN), then he or she will be granted the licensure and will be able to work legally in the USA.
On the other hand, if you have managed to obtain your licensure in another US state, then you can become a North Carolina LPN by endorsement, the entire program being available online where you need to complete an endorsement application, pay the fee and submit the necessary proof of licensure and of formal training.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller- Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Assisting
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
How To Become A RN In North Carolina
Registered nurses are very appreciated in the state of North Carolina, and although they usually require a lengthier formal training program than licensed practical nurses, their average annual salary is considerably higher and they also have more advancement and career opportunities. That being said, the first step every future registered nurse must take is to search for RN training programs that have been reviewed and approved by the North Carolina Board, then finish the two or three year training program and then sit for the final NCLEX-RN licensure examination, which is basically a computerized multiple choice examination designed to check the future registered nurse’s skills and knowledge in the medical industry. Just like licensed practical nurses, registered nurses can also apply for a license by endorsement in the state of North Carolina – they have to pay a fee and to submit all the required paperwork, and a temporary license may be issued to the registered nurse in question, until the final licensure is readily available.
BSN Requirements In North Carolina
If you want to take your nursing career to the next level, then you can do that by becoming a nurse practitioner, as these nursing professionals have a much higher salary and more opportunities to advance. In addition to this, every student must look for an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program in North Carolina, and to have completed a minimum of three out of the five available key science courses within the past decade. Moreover, all applicants must have obtained a grade of B- or better in all the required pre-requisite courses. A descriptive essay as well as a general check of the applicant’s academic performance are required for the entrance, as all applicants must show a strong academic history and a commitment to the general ideology of nursing.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of North Carolina licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In North Carolina
There are several trustworthy and reputable training programs for registered nurses and licensed practical nurses in the state of North Carolina, such as the Blue Ridge Community College in Flat Rock, the Brunswick Community College, the Cabarrus College of Health Sciences, the Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute in Hudson, the Carteret Community College, the Carolinas Health Care System in Charlotte, the Cape Fear Community College in Wilmington and many others.