New Mexico Nursing License
New Mexico Board of Nursing
Like every other state, the New Mexico state also has its own Board of Nursing, which is a state agency whose sole purpose is to protect the safety and health of the citizens of New Mexico by regulating the New Mexico nursing licenses, as well as by certifying both Medication Aides and Hemodialysis technicians. This state agency also regulates the nursing practice in the state, it takes complaints, it certified training institutions in the field of nursing and so forth. In addition to this, the New Mexico Board of Nursing’s mission is not only to protect the public’s safety and welfare through efficient regulation of nursing services and medical care, but also to excel in regulatory practice.
How To Become A LPN In New Mexico
LPNs are certainly very appreciated in New Mexico, as they are a very important part of the medical team, both in the private sector and in the public sector. In addition to this, the state of New Mexico always struggles to provide its citizens with medical services of the highest quality, and nurse practitioners will receive their state licensure only when meeting all the eligibility requirements. There is a 17% growth expected in the nursing industry by the year 2020, and if you have decided to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse in New Mexico, then the first thing you need to do is to enroll in an accredited one-year LPN training program in the State of Mexico, to gather all the theoretical and practical experience that you will need throughout your career, as well as to apply for a state licensure and gain the designation of LPN, or licensed practical nurse. One of the most notable aspects related to the state of New Mexico and its requirements for becoming a LPN is that given the fact that New Jersey is a part of the NLC, or the Nurse Licensure Compact Agreement, all nurses who come to this state from other compact states do not require any endorsement to pursue their licensing in New Mexico.
However, if you are a first time licensee in New Mexico, then you will have to submit proof of English competency along with a criminal background check and official transcripts from one of the many approved nursing training programs to New Mexico State’s Board of Nursing, and then to sit for the NCLEX-PN examination and pass it. After you receive your licensure, you must complete 30 hours of approved continued education every two years, given the fact that the license is set to expire every couple of years.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
How To Become RN In New Mexico
LPNs are not the only nursing professionals that are very sought-after in the state of New Mexico, given the fact that RNs or registered nurses are equally wanted in the medical industry. To become a RN, you will have to complete a two-year or three-year RN training program that has been previously reviewed and approved by the New Mexico State’s Board of Nursing, then to meet all the admission requirements to the final licensure examination or the NCLEX-RN examination and then pursue your licensure. You will have to get the appropriate number of continuing education hours in order to have your license as registered nurse renewed every 24 months. The requirements for the licensure as a registered nurse are virtually the same as the requirements for the NCLEX-PN examination for licensed practical nurses in the state of New Mexico. You will have to have at least an Associate’s Degree in the Science of Nursing to be eligible for the licensure.
BSN Requirements In New Mexico
It often happens that nursing professionals who work in the United States of America want to climb the success ladder and be eligible for higher nursing positions, this is why many LPNs and RNs choose to become nurse practitioners by enrolling in one of the approved BSN training programs in the state of New Mexico. The eligibility requirements may vary, but all applicants must fill out an online application form in order to be accepted to the college or university of their choosing, followed by sending the official copies of their transcripts from all their previous college work. The transcripts must be send to the university that offers the BSN training program, in addition to copies of the current CPR health care provider certification, as well as the required immunizations for various diseases like rubella, measles, mumps, hepatitis B, tuberculosis as well as varicella. Lastly, all applicants must submit a letter of intent, along with a minimum of three letters of recommendation, two of which must be coming from licensed registered nurses.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of New Mexico licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In New Mexico
No matter if you have decided to become a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse in New Jersey, you should know that there are several notable and high ranked schools in this state, such as the Dona Ana Community College in Las Cruces, the New Mexico State University in Carlsbad, the Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque, the Clovis Community College in Clovis or the Vista College in Las Cruces.