New Jersey Nursing License
New Jersey Board of Nursing
The state of New Jersey has its own Board of Nursing for practical nurses and for registered nurses, and its primary duty is to offer New Jersey nursing licenses only to those who meet the highest standards of training. Not only does the New Jersey State Board of Nursing certify RNs and LPNs, but it also certifies home health aids as well as sexual assault forensic nurses. In addition to this, it is also the duty of the New Jersey Board of Nursing to accredit different nursing schools as well as to approve its clinical affiliates, while safeguarding the health and lives of its state’s citizens.
How To Become A LPN In New Jersey
If you have decided to become a licensed practical nurse in the state of New Jersey, then you must complete a series of education, testing and application processes. Having said that, if you are still in high school yet you have decided to become a LPN in New Jersey, then it is highly recommended to take extra classes in math, science, biology as well as chemistry – after graduation, you need to attend a nursing program that is approved by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing. LPNs finish their formal training a lot faster than registered nurses, not just in New Jersey but in all 50 states – while a licensed practical nurse can get their diploma and certification within as little as one year, a registered nurse has to study for as much as three years for the same credential.
Having said that, after graduating from the training program you will have to apply for the certification process, and sit for the NCLEX-PN examination. The application for licensure must be submitted to the state’s Board of Nursing, along with the application fee, the authorization form, your declaration that you agree to be submitted to a background criminal check as well as a reccent passport style identifying photo taken within the last six months.
You can easily apply for a New Jersey nursing license by endorsement, if you have already passed the NCLEX-PN examination in another state and you have completed your formal education in your home state. For that, you will only have to submit your application form along with the licensure verification proof and a fee. If you are a foreign student who wants to pursue a career as a LPN in the state of New Jersey, then in addition to all these requirements you also have to pass what is known as the Test of English as a Foreign Language, or the TOEFL examination. In all three cases, the license expires every two years, and in order for it to be renewed you will need to complete at least 30 hours of board-approved continued education.
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes
- Get Matched to the Perfect Nursing Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here
- Learn at Your Own Pace And Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions And You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
How to Become A RN In New Jersey
As mentioned earlier, becoming a registered nurse in the state of New Jersey can be slightly more demanding than becoming a licensed practical nurse in the same state. Just like it happens with LPNs, future RNs can also apply for a New Jersey nursing license via endorsement or via examination – either way, you must complete an approved nursing program, you need a criminal history background check clearance and you also need to pass the final licensure examination, or the NCLEX-RN exam. Becoming a registered nurse in the state of New Jersey requires you to have at least an Associate’s Degree in nursing provided by an accredited university or college.
BSN Requirements In New Jersey
If you want to become a nurse practitioner, then the first thing you need to know is to browse for an approved BSN training program, or a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing program that will provide you with specialty training in fields like oncology, pediatrics, midwifery, family nurse practice, gerontology and others. The BSN requirements in New Jersey include a Baccalaureate Degree provided by an accredited university or college, an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, the official transcripts from all formal training institutions you have previously attended, an admission essay, two letters of recommendation as well as a well-written resume. In addition to this, all applicants must also complete several pre-requisite classes in fields like developmental psychology, statistics, human anatomy and physiology and microbiology.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of New Jersey licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In New Jersey
The state of New Jersey has tens of accredited and approved nursing schools to choose from, including but not limited to the Academy of Allied Health and Science in Freehold, the Salem Community College, the Union County College in Cranford, the Cumberland County College in Vineland, the Ocean County Vocational Technical School in Toms River, the Morris County School of Technology in Denville, New Jersey and many others.