Maine Nursing License
The Maine Board of Nursing
The Maine State Board of Nursing has a very clear and specific mission, and that is to protect and to safeguard the public health, as well as the welfare of all the citizens in the state of Maine by regulating the nursing professions and making nursing practice safe and efficient. Having said that, it is the duty of the Maine State Board of Nursing to make sure that all applicants meet the Maine nursing license requirements, as they are only there to protect the public and to ensure a high level of safety. In addition to this, it also comes down to the state’s Board of Nursing to make sure that all these aspects are implemented in a timely, professional and cost-conscious way.
How To Become A LPN In Maine
As you may know already, both licensed practical nurses and registered nurses are regulated by the Maine Board of Nursing, and if you have decided to become a licensed practical nurse in Maine, then you will have to complete an approved program in the field of practical nursing. There are currently only two accredited LPN-degree programs that offer high-quality training for future practical nurses in Maine, and those are the Interstate Career Institute as well as the Central Maine Community College.
After meeting all the eligibility requirements and you are accepted into the approved LPN training program, you will have to attend both the classroom courses and the laboratory courses, as getting hands-on experience and theoretical knowledge will be of utmost importance later on, in your career as a licensed practical nurse. Only at the end of the training program, which typically lasts for a year, you can review the licensure application process, make sure to meet all the eligibility requirements and then sit for the NCLEX-Practical Nurse examination.
That being said, you will firstly have to fill out an application for examination and licensure, you will need to attach a recent passport photo taken within the last six months, you must have your application form legalized and notarized and you must also pay the application fee. After that, you will be able to sit for the NCLEX-PN program and to receive your authorization for the scheduled computer examination. If you manage to pass the exam, you will be given a license – although in most state the LPN license is valid for two years, in the state of Maine is will have to be renewed on a yearly basis by meeting certain educational requirements mentioned on the official website of the Maine State Board of Nursing.
If you are an out of state licensed practical nurse who has already manage to pursue licensure outside Maine, then you can apply for a Maine LPN licensure by endorsement – after your current licensure is being examined in your state of residence and you pay a fee, you will be able to work legally as a nurse in the state of Maine.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
We want to help you get that degree. Consider:
1. Start Fast, Finish Fast: You can earn an Associate’s degree in 20 months, and a Bachelor’s degree in 30 to 36 months.*
2. Save up to $5,000 on your college degree.† You can afford college with our new Fresh Start Scholarships!
3. Tuition Assistance: Financial aid and grants are available to those who qualify.
- Nursing (RN completion to BS) (RN req.)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
How To Become RN In Maine
If you have decided to pursue a career as a lucrative career in Maine, then you should know that while LPNs tend to get formally educated within as little as one year, registered nurses will have to undergo deeper education that can last up to three years. The first and most important step you need to take is to consult with the Maine State Board of Nursing and to find an accredited registered nurse training program that appeals to you.
After you graduate from the training program, you will be able to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure examination – if you are an out of state registered nurse, then you can apply for a registered nurse licensure in Maine via Licensure, provided that you offer the local Board of Nursing solid proof that the current licensure you own in your state of residence is in good standing. You may also have to ask your former school to submit all the official transcripts, and if you are an international RN then in addition to these requirements you will also have to pass the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing School examination, in order to be allowed to sit for the Maine RN licensure examination, or the NCLEX-RN.
BSN Requirements In Maine
Students who want to enroll in a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree must have at least an Associate’s Degree in the field, and must meet the documentation set by each institution. It is also important for students to complete a thorough background check before they proceed with the enrollment, and they must also meet various clinical requirements: some clinical agencies may require BSN students to submit to a drug test. Moreover, you must also cover all the additional clinical and laboratory fees that apply, and all BSN students are highly advised to opt for that is known as a professional liability insurance, especially since most major clinical agencies in the state of Maine require it.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Maine licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In Maine
There are several nursing schools Maine. Some of them, such as the Central Maine Community College, the Eastern Maine Community College, the Southern Maine Community College or the University of Maine at Augusta offer Associate’s Degree training programs, while the Kaplan University, the University of Southern Maine, the University of New England, the University of Maine and other universities across the state offer Baccalaureate degree training programs.