Indiana Nursing License
Indiana Board of Nursing
The Indiana State Board of Nursing is the institution that aims to provide and renew the Indiana nursing licenses for licensed practical nurses, registered nurses and other professionals, in order to ensure the health and the welfare of the public. The Indiana State Board of Nursing is responsible for other services as well: it allows users to search and verify the license of nursing professionals, it offers nurses the possibility to obtain the digital certification of license, to order or to print a license, as well as to download license files and to solve license litigations.
How To Become LPN In Indiana
The education requirements for becoming a licensed practical nurse in the state of Indiana are virtually the same as those for becoming a LPN in any other state in America, as the first step is to enroll in a practical nursing training program reviewed and accredited by the Indiana State Board of Nursing. This training program will result in either an Associate’s or a Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of nursing, and it is designed to help future licensed practical nurses gather all the skills, knowledge, practical and theoretical training they need in order to work legally in Indiana. The application process for the approved LPN training program is relatively simple and straightforward, as the student must make sure to pay the fee and to notarize the application. The candidate must also get a criminal background check, and make sure to meet all the requirements.
Upon graduating from the two-year or four-year practical nurse training program, students are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-Practical Nurse examination. In order for that to happen, all candidates must pay the adjacent testing fee and must receive the Authorization to Test provided by the Indiana State Board of Nursing. The NCLEX-Practical Nurse examination is entirely computerized, and the official test results are available within weeks.
Licensed practical nurses who have received their certification or license in another state can apply for a license in Indiana, and they can receive a temporary permit until the license is provided.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing AAS
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
How To Become RN In Indiana
Just like a licensed practical nurse, a future registered nurse will have to firstly enroll in a board-approved RN training program – a complete list of the registered nurse training programs is available on the official website of the Indiana State Board of Nursing. That being said, the RN programs are available both at an Associate’s Degree in the Science of Nursing level, and at a Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of Nursing level. Upon completing these training program, future registered nurses will be able to sit for the NCLEX-Registered Nurse examination, and after passing it they will receive their licensure. The license is valid for a two-year period, and when it expires, all registered nurses must apply for a renewal in order to work legally in the state of Indiana.
All candidates are allowed three examination attempts, and the out of state RNs who are already licensed in another US state can quickly and effortlessly apply for an Indiana nursing license by endorsement. These health care professionals can apply for license by endorsement only if they have managed to pass the NCLEX-Registered Nurse examination in the past, or the well-known SBTPE. Until the Indiana State Board of Nursing issues a licensure, the applicant will receive a temporary permit.
BSN Requirements In Indiana
If you have decided to pursue the BSN designation in the state of Indiana and enroll in a baccalaureate program, then you should know that BSn programs provide an in-depth, comprehensive academic foundation in the field of humanities and science, education that plays a pivotal role for all students who want to prepare for a general role in the nursing industry.
The BSN major requires three years of full-time study, and the BSN traditional track admission requirements vary from one state and one university to another. It is important for all applicants to complete some general education courses that help them lay the foundation for the nursing courses (communication, social courses, world culture, humanities, critical thinking courses, nursing science courses) and to gather enough hours of pre-requisite general education courses, as this is one of the most notable requirements for the BSN application. In addition to this, all BSN applicants must have attended some nursing core courses that include lecture, lab work and clinical experience, along with the general electives.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Indiana licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In Indiana
At the time being, there are around 50 accredited nursing schools in the state of Indiana, which offer nursing certificates as well as Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degrees in the Science of Nursing. That being said, some of these programs include the Ancilla College located in Donaldson, the Anderson University in Anderson, the Ball State University, the Bethel College in Mishawaka, the University of Evansville in Evansville, the Goshen College or the Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis.