Idaho Nursing License
The Idaho Board of Nursing
The Idaho Board of Nursing has a very specific mission, which is to regulate the practice of nursing as well as to safeguard the public safety, welfare and general health. In order for that to be possible, the Idaho Board of Nursing oversees all the Idaho nursing licenses, and it also reviews and accredits the Idaho nursing schools that manage to meet the educational requirements. It is the vision of the IBN or the Idaho Board of Nursing to advance general trust in the nursing workforce of the state, through regulatory excellence.
How To Become LPN In Idaho?
If you have decided to pursue a career as a nursing professional in the state of Idaho, then you should know that both licensed practical nurses and registered nurses are very sought-after in the state, given the fact that Idaho has always strived to improve the quality as well as the availability of health care services for all people. Idaho is part of the NLC states, or the Nurse Licensure Compact States, which means that it allows licensed nurses from other Nurse Licensure Compact State to practice in Idaho without having to apply for an additional licensing, via endorsement. LPNs are very appreciated in Idaho, and the BLS envisions an increase of almost a third in the number of licensed practical nurses in the state of Idaho, in the next few years.
Having said that, in order to become a licensed practical nurse in Idaho you need to firstly earn your LPN degree, and to complete one year of theoretical training and hands on experience. Only after that you can apply to get licensed by the Idaho Board of Nursing: in order for that to happen, you must ask your LPN training school to send your official transcripts to the IBN, and you must also pay a nursing fee. Only after that you can obtain your CPR card and pass the NCLEX-Practical Nurse examination. After they receive their Idaho nursing license, all licensed practical nurses in this state are on a two year renewal cycle, but the good news is that unlike it happens in other states, they do not need to complete any continuing education requirements in order to have their licensed renewed.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Nursing Education (AD)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
How To Become RN In Idaho
If you have decided to become a registered nurse in Idaho, then you should know that the easiest way to pursue a lucrative, professionally and financially rewarding career as a RN in Idaho is by enrolling in an Associate’s Degree in the Science of Nursing training program. Before you apply, it is important to do your research and to consider only the approved nursing programs, and to make sure that you meet all the admission requirements, including the pre-requisite courses.
The admission procedure for the RN training program is relatively simple, as you must firstly apply for admission, then complete your Associate’s Degree Nursing program, send your official college ad high school transcripts, pass the entrance exam and then sit for the final NCLEX-RN examination that will result in your designation as a registered nurse in the state of Idaho.
BSN Requirements In Idaho
If you are committed to making the best of your career as a nursing professional, be it as a licensed practical nurse or as a registered nurse in Idaho, then you should certainly consider enrolling in a Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of Nursing program, a degree that will undoubtedly open many doors in the future. Having said that, it is important for students to meet all the admission requirements, which vary from one Idaho university or college to another. The acceptance is rather competitive, and even those who meet all the admission requirements are not guaranteed acceptance. Having said that, all applicants must generally have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 or higher, and they must meet with the School of Nursing advisor in order to determine whether they are suitable for the accelerated BSN, which is an advanced and fast Bachelor’s Degree in the Science of Nursing program that allows you to get your degree in a faster way (this program usually lasts between 12-18 months, as opposed to the regular four-year long academic programs).
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Idaho licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In Idaho
There are several different nursing schools in the state of Idaho that offer RN or LPN training programs, such as the Carrington College located in the city of Boise. The College of Southern Idaho also offers great licensed practical nurse training program, along with the Eastern Idaho Technical College and the Idaho State University, both of which are rated amongst the state’s top training programs. The North Idaho College offers two-year Associate’s Degrees in the Science of Nursing training programs as well.