Connecticut Nursing License
Connecticut Board of Nursing
Like the other 50 states in the US, the state of Connecticut has its own Board of Nursing located in the city of Hartford. The Connecticut Board of Nursing not only regulates the Connecticut nursing license, but it also offers application information, license renewal and verification services, education information as well as various nursing related publications for registered nurses, LPNs and other professionals from the nursing industry.
How To Become A LPN In Connecticut
Connecticut is one of the states with the best job outlook in the United States, and approximately one fifth of all the nurses who actively work here are LPNs. With a comfort score of 86, Connecticut is the 11th state in the nation in terms of comfort for LPN professionals, when it comes to the cost of living versus the average yearly salary that they receive here. If you want to make the best of your career, then becoming a LPN is undoubtedly a great choice as this will increase your job opportunities.
Besides this, becoming a LPN in Connecticut is a relatively easy and straightforward process, as all you have to do is to earn your LPN degree, gather all the necessary hands-on experience and then apply for a licensure provided by the CBN, or the Connecticut Board of Nursing. It is important to make sure that the nursing program you have graduated from sends the transcript to the CBN as well. Once you have done so, you can move on and obtain a CPR card and then pass the final NCLEX-PN examination.
How To Become A RN In Connecticut?
If you want to become a registered nurse in Connecticut, then you will have to pass an examination in order to receive your license. However, if you are already a licensed nurse in another state, then you can apply to become a Connecticut Registered Nurse by endorsement. The regulations are virtually the same, as you have to successfully graduate from an approved RN training program and then to submit the proof of licensure.
It is of utmost importance to make sure that the nursing program you have completed has met the requirements set by the RSA, which are the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies. After that you can sit for the famous National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensing Examination for future Registered Nurses, complete the application form, pay the exam fee and provide an official transcript of your nursing education, which you will receive from your nursing school.
When it comes to the education requirements that apply for those who want to become registered nurses in Connecticut, it must be said that becoming a NR requires you to have at least an Associate’s degree in the Science of Nursing, which must be offered by either a college or a University that is approved by the CBN.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Connecticut Nursing Schools
There are numerous nursing schools in the state of Connecticut that offer not only Associate’s Degrees and Bachelor’s Degrees in the Science of Nursing, but also Master’s and Doctoral degrees for those who are committed to making the best of their nursing careers. Having said that, some of the Connecticut nursing schools that offer Associate’s Degrees are the Capital Community College, the Gateway Community College, the Norwalk Community College, the Three Rivers Community College or the Saint Vincent’s College, all of which have nursing programs, divisions or nursing or departments of nursing.
On the other hand, schools that offer Bachelor’s Degrees in the Science of Nursing include the Western Connecticut State University, the Fairfield University, the Southern Connecticut State University, the University of Connecticut, the University of Hartford or the well-known Quinnipiac University. Connecticut schools that offer Master’s Degrees in the Science of Nursing for those who already are licensed Registered Nurses are the Yale University, the University of Connecticut, the Saint Joseph University, the Western Connecticut State University, or the Southern Connecticut State University.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Connecticut licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Connecticut BSN Requirements
Bachelor’s Degrees in the Science of Nursing are very sought-after these days, and they are specifically designed for registered nurses who want to broaden their scope of practice. These programs offer a strong foundation for all those who want to pursue a lucrative career in the nursing industry, and it includes advanced nursing theories, caring for various cultures, health principles in modern society, advanced concepts of pathophysiology, professional leadership courses designed to prepare registered nurses for advanced mentorship, management as well as leadership roles in nursing, and many others.