Arizona Nursing License
The Arizona Board of Nursing
The Arizona State Board of Nursing, or the ASBN, is an organization that was created with the purpose of protecting and promoting the health as well as the general welfare of the public, by making sure that every nursing professional holds either a certificate or an Arizona nursing license, which shows that he or she is competent, skilled and highly educated in order to practice medicine safely and professionally. In addition to checking the credentials of the nursing professionals in the state of Arizona, the Arizona Board of Nursing also aims to regulate the practice of nursing, as well as to approve the nursing education programs that meet the highest standards of quality. The Arizona State Board of Nursing follows the principles of the Nurse Practice Act.
How To Become A LPN In Arizona
If you have decided to pursue a lucrative career as a nursing professional in the state of Arizona, then you should know that you have several different career paths at your disposal. For instance, you can become a LPN or a licensed practical nurse, who assist doctors and registered nurses in various health care settings, and who takes care of patients, by checking their vital signs or changing their dressing.
The first step towards pursuing a career as a licensed practical nurse in Arizona is to find an approved school or nursing program that meets your needs: the good news is that there are many fast track programs which will allow you to thoroughly prepare for the National Council exam in a timely, professional and highly efficient manner. In addition to this, it is highly recommended to opt for an approved nursing training school that also offers Associate’s degrees or Certificates, and that offer you the opportunity to enroll in a Bachelor’s Degree training program in the future.
The classes will consist of both practical and theoretical training, and the courses include anatomy, physiology, medical and nursing training and so forth.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Nursing- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Medical Assisting
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
How To Become A RN In Arizona?
If you have decided to pursue a career as a registered nurse in the state of Arizona, then you should know that RNs are trained and skilled health care providers who work directly with patients and with their families, and who help improving their health status as well as educate them about various illnesses. It is the duty of every registered nurse to assist the physician in diagnosing different conditions and illnesses, as well as to help him or her develop a tailored plan or treatment. The RN also administers the treatment that was previously prescribed by the physician, provides advanced medical care to the patient and so on.
The first step towards becoming a RN in Arizona is to complete a nursing education program: it is highly recommended for future RNs to opt for a Bachelor’s or an Associate’s degree in the Science of Nursing, and then to apply for the national council licensure examination for registered nurses, or the NCLEX-RN. This particular exam is the final barrier between you and your dream job of working as a registered nurse in Arizona, and it is administered by the NCSBN, or the National Council of State Boards of Nursing. In order to be eligible for the NCLEX examination, you will have to submit your transcripts from an accredited school of nursing, along with your background check and your fingerprints. In addition to this, you will also have to pay a registration fee in order to sit for the NCLEX examination.
If you meet all the education requirements to sit for the final NCLEX examination, you will be given an authorization to sit for the test, and then you will be able to apply for a nursing license in the state of Arizona.
BSN Requirements In Arizona
The pre-requisites and requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Arizona can vary greatly, but generally speaking all the applicants must complete a variety of pre-requisite courses with a minimum grade of C, and their minimum pre-requisite GPA must be of at least 3.0 in order to be considered for admission. Having said that, it is very important for all future BSN nursing students in Arizona to complete one year of training in general chemistry, introductory biology, statistics, microbiology, physiology, human anatomy, nutrition, lifespan development and others, depending on each training institution.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Arizona licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In Arizona
No matter if you plan to become a licensed practical nurse or a registered nurse in the state of California, it is important to be aware of the accredited nursing training schools available in this state, some of which even have an approval rate as high as 100%. Having said that, one of the schools where you can get a LPN and a RN training program is the Eastern Arizona College, followed by the Maricopa Nursing department within the Glendale Community College, the Scottsdale Community College, the Chandler-Gilbert Community College, the Paradise Valley Community College, the PIMA Medical Institute and others.