Arizona Nursing License
The Arizona Board of Nursing
The Arizona State Board of Nursing, or the ASBN, is an organization that was created with the purpose of protecting and promoting the health as well as the general welfare of the public, by making sure that every nursing professional holds either a certificate or an Arizona nursing license, which shows that he or she is competent, skilled and highly educated in order to practice medicine safely and professionally. In addition to checking the credentials of the nursing professionals in the state of Arizona, the Arizona Board of Nursing also aims to regulate the practice of nursing, as well as to approve the nursing education programs that meet the highest standards of quality. The Arizona State Board of Nursing follows the principles of the Nurse Practice Act.
How To Become A LPN In Arizona
If you have decided to pursue a lucrative career as a nursing professional in the state of Arizona, then you should know that you have several different career paths at your disposal. For instance, you can become a LPN or a licensed practical nurse, who assist doctors and registered nurses in various health care settings, and who takes care of patients, by checking their vital signs or changing their dressing.
The first step towards pursuing a career as a licensed practical nurse in Arizona is to find an approved school or nursing program that meets your needs: the good news is that there are many fast track programs which will allow you to thoroughly prepare for the National Council exam in a timely, professional and highly efficient manner. In addition to this, it is highly recommended to opt for an approved nursing training school that also offers Associate’s degrees or Certificates, and that offer you the opportunity to enroll in a Bachelor’s Degree training program in the future.
The classes will consist of both practical and theoretical training, and the courses include anatomy, physiology, medical and nursing training and so forth.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.
- Practical Nursing
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Nursing- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Baccalaureate Degree Graduates
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader. We provide an online graduate experience that combines academic excellence with faith-based values to create ethical, effective leaders ready to improve their workplaces, their communities, and the world at large. Concordia New York is an accredited, nonprofit college with an academic tradition dating back more than 130 years. We offer a quality, affordable education that separates true innovation from trends, and best practices from buzzwords.
- B.S. in RN to BS Nursing
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Master of Science in Nursing Online
How To Become A RN In Arizona?
If you have decided to pursue a career as a registered nurse in the state of Arizona, then you should know that RNs are trained and skilled health care providers who work directly with patients and with their families, and who help improving their health status as well as educate them about various illnesses. It is the duty of every registered nurse to assist the physician in diagnosing different conditions and illnesses, as well as to help him or her develop a tailored plan or treatment. The RN also administers the treatment that was previously prescribed by the physician, provides advanced medical care to the patient and so on.
The first step towards becoming a RN in Arizona is to complete a nursing education program: it is highly recommended for future RNs to opt for a Bachelor’s or an Associate’s degree in the Science of Nursing, and then to apply for the national council licensure examination for registered nurses, or the NCLEX-RN. This particular exam is the final barrier between you and your dream job of working as a registered nurse in Arizona, and it is administered by the NCSBN, or the National Council of State Boards of Nursing. In order to be eligible for the NCLEX examination, you will have to submit your transcripts from an accredited school of nursing, along with your background check and your fingerprints. In addition to this, you will also have to pay a registration fee in order to sit for the NCLEX examination.
If you meet all the education requirements to sit for the final NCLEX examination, you will be given an authorization to sit for the test, and then you will be able to apply for a nursing license in the state of Arizona.
BSN Requirements In Arizona
The pre-requisites and requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Arizona can vary greatly, but generally speaking all the applicants must complete a variety of pre-requisite courses with a minimum grade of C, and their minimum pre-requisite GPA must be of at least 3.0 in order to be considered for admission. Having said that, it is very important for all future BSN nursing students in Arizona to complete one year of training in general chemistry, introductory biology, statistics, microbiology, physiology, human anatomy, nutrition, lifespan development and others, depending on each training institution.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Arizona licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools In Arizona
No matter if you plan to become a licensed practical nurse or a registered nurse in the state of California, it is important to be aware of the accredited nursing training schools available in this state, some of which even have an approval rate as high as 100%. Having said that, one of the schools where you can get a LPN and a RN training program is the Eastern Arizona College, followed by the Maricopa Nursing department within the Glendale Community College, the Scottsdale Community College, the Chandler-Gilbert Community College, the Paradise Valley Community College, the PIMA Medical Institute and others.