Alabama Nursing License
Alabama Board of Nursing
The Alabama Board of Nursing is the institution designed to promote health as well as to guard the safety and the welfare of the people of Alabama. The Alabama Board of Nursing also aims to approve qualified individuals and to provide them with an Alabama nursing license, provided that they meet all the legal requirements. It is also the duty of the ABN to enforce legal standards for nursing practice and education.
How To Become A LPN In Alabama
LPN stands for Licensed Practical Nurses, and these are skilled and highly trained health care providers that are an essential part of medical teams all over the world. If you believe you have the skills and innate qualities requires for becoming a LPN in Alabama, then the first thing you need to do is to conduct some research and to find the approved universities and colleges that offer high-quality LPN training program in the state. It is highly recommended to focus primarily on schools that are accredited by the ACEN, or the Accreditation Commission for Education and Nursing, as this is the most appreciated accrediting agency in the country. However, schools that are accredited by the CCNE or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education are reputable and trustworthy as well, and they can help you get quality LPN training, too.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
If you have been accepted and admitted to the nursing school, then you must do your best to gather as much information, knowledge and skills as possible. The length of the LPN training programs usually varies from one institution of higher learning to another: for instance, an Associate’s Degree training program usually takes two years to complete, while a Bachelor’s Degree program takes as much as four years. Some accelerate BSN training programs may be available as well, and they usually last between 12 and 18 months, although this can also vary greatly. One thing is for sure: it is vital to enroll in a training program that combined practical training with theoretical, classroom teaching, as the final licensing exam (the NCLEX-PN, or the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses) will last for several hours and will thoroughly test your knowledge and skills.
How To Become A RN In Alabama
If you have decided to pursue a career in the medical industry as a registered nurse in Alabama, then you can do that by applying for licensure either by endorsement or by examination. If you are licensed as a registered nurse in another state than Alabama, then you can apply for an Alabama nursing license by endorsement. Nonetheless, if this is the first time you apply for a nursing license then you will have to sit for the NCLEX-Rn examination. After you have completed an approved training program for registered nurses in Alabama, the next step is to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination, to submit all the necessary legal documentation that proves your citizenship or legal presence along with the application fee, and then to make sure that you complete at least 24 hours of continuing education once every 2 years, in order to keep your license as a registered nurse in Alabama active and valid.
BSN Requirements In Alabama
The BSN requirements in the state of Alabama vary depending on the circumstances. For instance, first-time college students will have to work with an assigned advisor and then apply for the admission to the nursing school, only after having completed the pre-requisite. On the other hand, the transfer students must also complete all the pre-requisite and the foundation courses, in addition to two separate application forms that are required. Second Degree Students must have at least a baccalaureate degree in non-nursing majors.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Alabama licensed nurse compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nursing Schools Alabama
As mentioned above, one of the most important aspects to pay attention to when looking for a nursing school in Alabama is its accreditation. Some schools are simply better than others, and this can be seen in their NCLEX exam passing rate, as there are some colleges such as the Wallace State Community College in Hanceville that have a NCLEX-PN passing rate of 100%. In addition to this, the Northwest Shoals Community College is equally popular these days, due to its flexible course schedules and its fully equipped classrooms, and so is the Faulkner State Community College which is located in Bay Minette, the latter being a two-year public school.